This is Barrylee Harwood - thanks so much for the e-mail and question - I did not play on this recording - during this period of time the newly formed Rossington Collins Band was writing/rehearsing - I did (as you know) play on the Alias album and although I haven't heard the show you're talking about I'm assuming that whoever played guitar was copying the parts I played on the record???? I dunno! Maybe that's why it sounds like me.
I'm not sure about Skip - he may have worked with Jimmy in "Black Bear Angel" - you should contact him or Dorman for all the facts so that info doesn't get off track!
I'm currently in the studio with my new band CHARIOT - working on the debut album - if you still get tingles when you hear "the old stuff", you're gonna flip out when you hear what's comin' down the pike from me!
Hope this helps you.
HeartStrings are tied,
- Founding member, guitarist, songwriter with "The Allen Collins Band"
- Co-producer of the MCA album release "Here There & Back"
- Songwriter, acoustic, electric & slide guitars, dobro, mandolin, lead & backing vocals with "The Rossington Collins Band", Co-producer of MCA album releases "Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere" and "This Is The Way We R.C."
- Guitarist, songwriter, vocalist with "Studebaker Hawk"
- Acoustic guitars, mandolin, electric & slide guitars, pedal steel, vocals with "Melanie" on the albums "Sunset & Other Beginnings" / "As I See It Now" and during a European concert tour.
- Electric guitars, lapsteel with "Lobo" on the albums "Of A Simple Man" & "Lobo" and during a concert tour of the U.S.A. Australia, New Zealand and Germany.
- Paul Davis - "Southern Tracks & Fantasies"
- Jim Stafford - "Swamp Witch"
- Lynyrd Skynyrd sessions include:
- Dobro, mandolin - "Made In The Shade" ("Nuthin' Fancy")
- Mandolin - "All I Can Do Is Write About It" ("Gimme Back My Bullets")
- Dobro - "Honky Tonk Night Time Man" ("Street Survivors")
- Co-wrote and produced the theme song for the “Rainbow Drought Relief”
Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rossington Collins Band, Allen Collins Band, Lobo, Alias, Melanie, Paul Davis, Ron Price, Jim Stafford, Joe South
Barrylee Was A Member Of These Bands
Rossington Collins Band (1980-1982)
Allen Collins Band (1983)
Hlubeck/Harwood Band (1988)
Little Maggie Band (1989)
Barrylee Has Appeared On
- Lobo Of a Simple Man (1972) Electric Guitar
- Lobo Calumet (1973) Electric Guitar
- Ronn Price Magical Musical World of Ronn Price (1974) Electric and Steel Guitar
- Lynyrd Skynyrd Nuthin' Fancy (1975) Dobro, Mandolin
- Mike Heron Mike Herons Reputation (1975) Electric Guitar
- Melanie As I See It Now (1975) Electric and Steel Guitar, Vocals
- Paul Davis Southern Tracks & Fantasies (1976) Electric Guitar
- Lynyrd Skynyrd Gimme Back My Bullets (1976) Dobro, Mandolin
- Alias Contraband (1979) Electric Guitar
- Rossington Collins Band Anytime Anyplace Anywhere (1980) Accoustic, Electric, Slide Guitars; Backing Vocals, Co-Producer
- Rossington Collins Band This Is the Way (1982) Accoustic, Electric, Slide Guitars, Dobro, Mandolin; Lead and Backing Vocals, Co-Producer
- Allen Collins Band Here, There & Back (1983) Accoustic, Electric, Slide Guitars; Lead and Backing Vocals
- Lynyrd Skynyrd Solo Flytes (1999)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd Nuthin' Fancy/Second Helping/Street Survivors (2001) Dobro, Mandolin
- Lynyrd Skynyrd Nuthin' Fancy [Expanded Edition] Dobro, Mandolin
- Lynyrd Skynyrd Street Survivors [Expanded Edition] (2001) Dobro
"Rossington-Collins, The Allen Collins Band and Beyond"